How does it work?
Visitors to your website or business sign up to become “subscribers” of your news and updates.
Using MailChimp.com, we’ll
- create your account
- create a sign-up form so visitors can join your “List” of subscribers.
- design a template for your “Campaign”. (The emails you’ll send to your subscribers. You might also know them as “newsletters” or “e-blasts”.
- add a sign-up checkbox to your website’s contact form.
In many cases, we recommend “RSS-Driven” campaigns. When you publish new posts to your website, your subscribers will receive the new posts by email. You can choose whether to send campaigns on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, and campaigns are only sent when new posts are published.
More About MailChimp
- MailChimp’s service is FREE for up to 12,000 emails per months, up to 2000 subscribers.
- Using MailChimp’s “opt-in” functionality ensures that your email marketing complies with anti-spam laws. Subscribers can subscribe and unsubscribe at any time.
- Reports allow you to see an overview of each campaign’s performance.
What is the set-up cost?
For the RSS-Driven example described above, the set-up fee is $195.
Other options and possibilities are also available.